- Verica Aleksic, Petar Knezevic, Antimicrobial and antioxidative activity of extracts and essential oils of Myrtus communis L., Microbiological Research, Vol169, Iss.4, 2014, pp240-254
- Myrtus communis, Wildflowers of Israel, online resource
- A. Dafni, Myrtle (Myrtus communis) as a ritual plant in the Holy Land – a comparative study in relation to ancient traditions, Economic Botany, 70(3), 2016, pp222-234
- Traveset, A., Riera, N. and Mas, R.E. (2001), Ecology of fruit‐colour polymorphism in Myrtus communis and differential effects of birds and mammals on seed germination and seedling growth. Journal of Ecology, 89: 749-760
- Kalachanis, D., Psaras, G.K. Structure and development of the secretory cavities of Myrtus communis leaves. Biol Plant 49, 105–110 (2005)
- Lev-Yadun, Simcha; Weapon (thorn) automimicry and mimicry of aposematic colorful thorns in plants, Journal of Theoretical Biology, Vol. 224, Iss. 2, (Sep 2003): pp183-188
See full list of Individual Species References.