- A. Tiessen, The fluorescent blue glow of banana fruits is not due to symplasmic plastidial catabolism but arises from insoluble phenols estherified to the cell wall, Plant Science, Vol 275, 2018, pp75 -83
- Moser, S., Müller, T., Ebert, M.‐O., Jockusch, S., Turro, N. and Kräutler, B. (2008), Blue Luminescence of Ripening Bananas. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 47: 8954-8957
- A. Maxmen, CRISPR could save the banana from fungus, Nature, 3rd Oct 2019, Vol 574 p15
- James S Borrell, Paul Wilkin et al, Enset in Ethiopia: a poorly characterized but resilient starch staple, Annals of Botany, Vol123, Iss. 5, 11, 2019, pp747–766
- Jones, David. (2000). Introduction to banana, abaca and enset. Diseases of Banana, Abaca and Enset. 1-36.
- Musella lasiocarpa, Plants of the World Online, online resource from Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
See full list of Individual Species References.