- H. Skelton, A History of Pigment Use in Western Art, PCI, the magazine of the Pint and Coatings Industry, Jan 2004
- S. M. Gupta, Plant Myths and Traditions in India, pub. E. J. Brill, Leiden 1971
- R. Ploeger, A. Shugar, G.D. Smith, V.J. Chen, Late 19th century accounts of Indian yellow: The analysis of samples from the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew; Dyes and Pigments, Vol 160, 2019, pp 418-431
- Rebecca Ploeger, Aaron Shugar, The story of Indian yellow – excreting a solution, Journal of Cultural Heritage, Vol 24, 2017, pp197-205
- K. Cheravengat, Role of elephants in natural regeneration and distribution of wild mango, Mangifera indica – experience from Silent Valley National Park, Kerala, in Tropical Ecosystems: Structure, Function and Services (pp.294-299) pub. Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding, Tamil Nadu, India
- N.S. Baer, N. Indictor & A. Joel (1972) The chemistry and history of the pigment Indian Yellow, Studies in Conservation, 17:sup1, 401-408
See full list of Individual Species References.