- Oast and hop kilns, a history (online resource)
- Reynolde Scot, ‘A perfite platforme of a hoppe garden’, London 1576
- (2016) 51. Hop (Humulus lupulus) – a bitter crop with sweet prospects, Biodiversity, 17:3, 115-127
- G. G. THOMAS, W. W. SCHWABE, Factors Controlling Flowering in the Hop (Humulus lupulus L.), Annals of Botany, Volume 33, Issue 4, September 1969, Pages 781–793
- E. J. Lance, The Hop Farmer, pub. Ridgway & Sons, London 1838
- Edwards, Will, et al. “The Global Trend in Plant Twining Direction.” Global Ecology and Biogeography, vol. 16, no. 6, 2007, pp. 795–800
- Hops, The penny magazine of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge, vol IV, pub. Charles Knight, London 1835
See full list of Individual Species References.