- Carmen Drahl, Frankincense and Myrrh, Chemical & Engineering News, online resource
- Commiphora myrrha, Orwa C, Mutua A , Kindt R , Jamnadass R, Simons A. World Agroforestry database
- Motuma Tolera, David Menger, Ute Sass-Klaassen, Frank J. Sterck, Paul Copini, Frans Bongers, Resin secretory structures of Boswellia papyrifera and implications for frankincense yield, Annals of Botany, Volume 111, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 61–68
- Milica Ljaljević Grbić et al, “Frankincense and myrrh essential oils and burn incense fume against micro-inhabitants of sacral ambients. [sic] Wisdom of the ancients?” Journal of Ethnopharmacology,Volume 219, 2018, Pages 1-14, ISSN 0378-8741
- P. D. Soni et al, A review of Commiphora myrrha, Pharma Science Monitor, India, V4, Iss 3, Apr2013 ISSN 0976-7908
- M. Muga et al, “Production, value addition, marketing and economic contribution of non-wood forest products from arid and semi-arid lands in Kenya“, available as pdf from the FAO.
- C. L. Mantell et al, The technology of natural resins, John Wiley & Sons, 1942
- F. N. Howes, Vegetable Gums and Resins, Chronica Botanica Co. 1949
- Myrrh, Flowers in Israel, online resource
See full list of Individual Species References.